Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 73

Thread: How Long, How Old

  1. #31
    Inactive Member PhotoPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 16th, 2004
    Posts
    46
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    .
    31...been a sd freak since highschool...

    Tre'

  2. #32
    Inactive Member bdwwilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 29th, 2004
    Posts
    14
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm 28 now, back when I was 16 my friend made me a comp. tape that had "Story Of My Life" on it. So a few of us went to see them in Pontiac, MI with some band called the Reverend Horton Heat back in '92.
    Pretty much overnite I went from Slayer and Metallica to The Ramones and Stray Cats. It was the first time I realized there was great music out there that wasn't being played on the radio/TV.

  3. #33
    Inactive Member swark's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 10th, 2003
    Posts
    615
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    where abouts are you from danny ramone...I used to live in Wayne......of of Michigan Ave..

  4. #34
    Inactive Member bdwwilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 29th, 2004
    Posts
    14
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've always been an Eastsider, up in Clinton Twp. these days, working for the News/Freep.

  5. #35
    Inactive Member swark's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 10th, 2003
    Posts
    615
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    all my family lives there still throughout Michigan and Canada.....I'm going back this Christmas for the first time in nearly 2 years...but not looking forward to those temperatures....I've been climatized here in Texas

  6. #36
    Inactive Member bdwwilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 29th, 2004
    Posts
    14
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I hear you brother. The old lady and I are planning on settling in AZ by next fall.
    Did you ever work at a place called MNP in Utica?
    I used to work there with this guy Eric who ran the Labrynth (sp?) downtown, thought it might be you.

  7. #37
    Inactive Member swark's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 10th, 2003
    Posts
    615
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    nope it wasn't me....have you ever seen gutter punx in concert? Those guys are broke up now but are high school friends of mine..

  8. #38
    Inactive Member bdwwilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 29th, 2004
    Posts
    14
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sure I've seen 'em. There are too many great bands that don't play anymore - Pist N' Broke, the Trash Brats, Johnny Law - just to name a few. I guess there's no room in Detroit anymore with all the garage rock and Kid Rocks.

  9. #39
    Inactive Member SxDxTrace's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2004
    Posts
    133
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hello all!
    First post here but I felt compelled. I am gonna be 37 next month, not happy bout that! First heard SD on "Hell comes to your house",yes, back in the day of vinyl, around 83, hooked ever since then. Been fortunate enough to see them countless times here in Chicago, and Mike solo as well~ but still remember them playing at Exit here and not being able to get in because I wasn't of age yet. Yep, still gets to me today. Have tix to Indy, Chicago, and Milwaukee, perfect birthday week! Now if SD would only play Untitled....
    Yesterday when S L & RR came out, I was at Tower at 9am sharp waiting for them to open the doors, figured you all wouldn't laugh, I just got alot of blank stares from everyone at work here when I told them I would be late cause I had to get it ASAP. Anyway, it was worth the wait, awesome to finally hear the songs crystal clear and yum, the slide in DTMFG. Only had muffled live garbled versions til now.

    Thanks for all the interesting posts that I have read, good community here! Glad I finally posted!

    Trace~

    btw, Chicago Sick Boy, ever hear of Out of Order? they were underrated in Chicago IMO. Good stuff!

  10. #40
    Inactive Member kustom55's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 5th, 2003
    Posts
    416
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just turned 26 and I first heard SD in 1990. I was at Sam Goody and remember those video machines they had? Well, Ball and Chain was on there and my brother showed it to me. I was hooked. I then saw then at the quad at Cal State Fullerton at the ripe age of 12. I would never of guessed that 14 years and 56 concerts later, I would still be listening to them.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •